Go Back   Project Reality Tournament Forums > IMPORTANT INFORMATION > Announcements & News

Welcome to the Project Reality Forums! Join the Project Reality forums! Contact Us

Closed Thread

Old 2015-09-05, 18:59   #1
[R-ADM]Spook
Retired PRT Management / PAC SCO

PR Tournament Campaign 11 - Commander Sign-Ups open

Campaign 11 Announced!
Official Project Reality Tournament

The PRT Management Team is happy to announce the 11th Campaign of the Official Project Reality Tournament! Following the thrilling and balanced battles of Campaign 10 (decided by a grand finale). Once again, the PRT Staff have been working hard to prepare for this year’s tournament, and once again we aim to deliver the ultimate Project Reality experience.

The new Staff, consisting of PRT Veterans, are also excited to announce some brand new features for this campaign. Designed for newcomers and hardened veterans alike, the PRT will provide a professional atmosphere for all types of players to improve and experience PR at its best.

In this large-scale campaign, we are pleased to introduce two newly formed coalitions: The Pacific Defense Initiative (PDI) will fight against the Mediterranean Response Force (MRF). Both teams will be assigned specific factions to play in order to contest the other for supremacy in the tournament.

This campaign was adapted to fit the demands of all the changes of the mod that have been made since the last campaign. With PR going standalone and having celebrated its 10th anniversary this year, this tournament will show you how the mod is meant to be played!

We actively strive for a good team balance that will result in some of the most thrilling and organized matches you will have ever experienced. Sign up and work your way up in the hierarchy of your team. Train with your team mates and learn the best techniques of PR from the veterans. Organize events, collect map intelligence and develop battle plans and strategies to lead your team to victory!

• Find new friends to play with - from all over the world! Enjoy PR with a tight-knit group of likeminded players
  • Battles take place every two weeks, Saturdays at 19:00 PR Time.
  • Training and playing sessions are organized by teams and squads.
  • Two new teams: "Pacific Defense Initiative" (PDI) and "Mediterranean Response Force" (MRF).
  • Dynamic campaign world map that pairs up a multitude of PR maps and layouts in several "Operations" requires strategy and planning between battles to win the campaign.
  • Extensive forums for preparation, communication and organization for both teams.
  • Tournament battle server and training servers for each team
  • ... and much more!

Our tournament coders and artists are working hard to create the new UI for the campaign operations board which will guide the teams throughout the campaign. You can access the current version of the interactive operations board here and read up on how it works in our FAQ.

To get both teams on track, Commander SignUps are now open! If you are willing and capable of leading one of the teams for the Project Reality Tournament (Supreme Commander) or lead a team ingame (Commander), please sign up now and post your application:

When the commanders applications have been reviewed and the commanders have been picked by the staff, the administration team will open SignUps for officers and grunts on the following dates:
  • The Officer Sign-Ups are scheduled to open on: September 14th.
  • The Grunt Sign-Ups are scheduled to open on: September 21st.

Make sure you apply in time to get a slot in one of the teams! Check here to get more info on the sign-ups.

The last campaign has been one of the most successful tournaments in the history of Project Reality. Read up on what the members of campaign 10 have to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV] Rabbit
PRT C10 was a blast, it didn't matter if it was on the front lines or watching from PRISM. The campaign was a bloody, edge of your seat, hold your breath moment the whole way through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger_6
C10 epitomized the ideal tournament. There was fierce competition from each side, but the relationship between both teams was amicable and gentlemanly. You won't get this atmosphere anywhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtTetgmeyer
By far up the most fun I have ever had in project reality without question. I learned more from the PRT in the span of five months than I had in five years of playing project reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disnoxxio
PRT is what you want and expect from PR in its most optimal form. The teamwork and cooperation that got you into PR but then multiplied by an infinite amount due to motivated teams and greatly organized battles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulOneSix
The PRT will be as good as you let it; in the campaign you are surrounded by discipline, competition, and strong leadership. when you are in battle you have an unbreakable bond to your squad-mates that gets stronger every battle, and a fiery passion to eliminate anyone who wants to do harm to your squad. In C11, PR will be more than just a game.

To get all the news first-hand, register on the Tournament website now!

More information will be released on the tournament website in the coming weeks. Make sure you read up all relevant information here:

PR Tournament Website
How-To Sign-Up
Tournament FAQ
Tournament Rules
Battle & Practice Schedule

IRC: server: irc.quakenet.org | channel: prtournament (autoconnect)

Last edited by Curry; 2015-09-22 at 22:48.
Old 2015-09-05, 20:04   #2
Alexswesnipr
Task Force Member

Re: Official PR Tournament Campaign 11 - Commander Sign-Ups open

I think I forgot to mention this in the TF, but can you sign-up without wanting to get into a specific team?
Old 2015-09-05, 20:09   #3
[R-ADM]Onil
Retired PRT Management

Yes, that was already possible in C10.

You don't need to specify team preference. You get placed in whichever team needs players the most.

And on the first grunt signups, you're only choosing between Team A or B which haven't yet been assigned faction groups.

[PR]CATA|Age: "This is the man who is to CATA what Wikipedia is to students. INFINITE WISDOM!"

Last edited by Onil; 2015-09-05 at 20:23.
Old 2015-09-05, 20:20   #4
Alexswesnipr
Task Force Member

Yeah I couldn't remember too be honest
Old 2015-09-05, 22:39   #5
Frank_Jeager
C12 Member

Interesting operations board.

I can't wait to play my first operation.
Old 2015-09-06, 08:20   #6
Spriggan44
Task Force Member

the campaign operations board looks cool so far
glad that there is so much love for the ak and russia that everybody is getting to play them
Old 2015-09-06, 11:27   #7
Philrow
Retired EMC SCO

I'm already excited as fuck for Operation Guardian
Old 2015-09-07, 08:55   #8
Soban
C12 Member

Talking Re: Official PR Tournament Campaign 11 - Commander Sign-Ups open

!!! OSOM !!!
Old 2015-09-07, 11:13   #9
Pronck
PRT Player

Too bad I cannot participate due to work.
Old 2015-09-07, 11:42   #10
[R-ADM]Curry
Retired PRT Management

Where is the rest of the C10 vets?

Curry.

[T-MGT]Mineral: He has multiple online account disorder
[T-ADM]Spook: We both had BDU camo pants on for some reason.
[T-ADM]Raic: Though its awkward when I go to sauna full of foreigners. For them I mean.
Closed Thread

Tags
campaign, commander, official, open, signups, tournament