Go Back   Project Reality Tournament Forums > PUBLIC FORUM > General Tournament Discussion

Welcome to the Project Reality Forums! Join the Project Reality forums! Contact Us

Old 2017-02-27, 20:51   #1
Stark38
C12 Member

C12 Intel/Battleplan Sharing Thread

Vadso City Draft Deployment / City Defense: https://docs.google.com/presentation...it?usp=sharing

Saaremaa Scrimmage Deployment: https://docs.google.com/presentation...it?usp=sharing

Stark38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 21:30   #2
[T-CON]​Raidonrai
Tournament Contributor

Re: C12 Intel/Battleplan Sharing Thread

Vadso

Saaremaa

Grozny

Fools Road

Wanda Shan

Xiangshan

coloured circles with numbers in them = OP
Old 2017-02-28, 07:26   #3
Senshi
Lead Admin / Retired EMC CO

Op Marlin

Burning Sands
Old 2017-02-28, 19:46   #4
[R-COM]​Michael_Denmark
Retired PELA/CATA CO

Thank you for sharing.

In relation to the first battle on Xiangshan, I hope it is okay asking a few questions to the EMC battle-plan, Route 2 RED.

From the very start, the plan make the following statement:

Quote:
We will most likely not attack PLA Outpost. Too risky, too little benefit.
I fully agree in the analysis. At least as long as the attack would come from the west. Which it did too, later on in the battle. A move that as we know, surprised everyone, with that spirit of EMC audacity. A move that almost succeeded and perhaps could have captured the PLA Outpost?

But what I dont understand, are the reasons behind the decision, to go for the attack anyhow?

Also, when the surprise attack was launched, what made you decide, not to reinforce the harassment force in and around the Blue Box?

Fog of war? What happened?

Again, I hope it is okay to ask these questions. Please accept my apology, should it not be the case.

500 million combat boots... One heartbeat
Michael_Denmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 21:22   #5
Senshi
Lead Admin / Retired EMC CO

The attack was mostly motivated by everyone being insanely bored after the very slow first hour. Also, we were aware that we had a ticket deficit, and a successful push to a new good position (such as PLA outpost and the riverline are) usually means a big ticket gain (bc of squadwipes).

Blue box was planned as a simple AT hunter place, to kill damaged vehicles that try to RTB. It soon showed that APN was happily commiting way too many people there, our few recon guys drawing much more APN manpower than it warranted. So we kept recon there, drawing forces off the frontline, making it much easier to brute-force our assault on the front with superior numbers.
Old 2017-02-28, 22:33   #6
Fisen
Task Force Member

Heyho! So who did all the work on your BPs on APN? And would be super interesting to take a look at em all.

In EMC is was mostly me making them with a lot of help/input from senshi and timings from our Intel department. I Also saved up most of the BPs in c11 which helped me at the start but in the end I mostly made our BPsfrom scrath. I usually prioritised making them simple and tried making as few slides as possible.
Old 2017-02-28, 23:16   #7
Stark38
C12 Member

YTMan has the rest of the documents, whenever he shows up. I think he's still too sad to come back online here.

Stark38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 23:30   #8
[R-COM]​Michael_Denmark
Retired PELA/CATA CO

Boredom became decisive. Yes, that first hour was quite static. And here I thought you deliberately had planned, to slow down the pace of battle, in order to strengthen your surprise attack later on.

I just watched your great offensive move again. I forgot that squad 8 did in fact, draw in a good portion of the APN force. Frontliner even got an FOB.

Quote:
...and a successful push to a new good position (such as PLA outpost and the riverline are) usually means a big ticket gain (bc of squadwipes).
I need to learn to think like that.

Fisen, if you also made the battle-plan for Xiangshan, please allow me to congratulate you on that surprise attack. That move will be what I will remember Campaign 12 for. True organised Audacity.

500 million combat boots... One heartbeat
Michael_Denmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 23:34   #9
[T-CON]​Raidonrai
Tournament Contributor

Xiangshan was nothing compared to Wanda and Vadso m8
Old 2017-02-28, 23:36   #10
Vista
C12 Member

Wanda was pretty sweet, probably the closest match in C12. Vadso however was just spam 4 inf squads to get the southern hill, build a TOW, GG.
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c12, intel or battleplan, sharing, thread