Go Back   Project Reality Tournament Forums > IMPORTANT INFORMATION > Announcements & News

Welcome to the Project Reality Forums! Join the Project Reality forums! Contact Us

Old 2017-10-10, 10:18   #1
Senshi
Lead Admin / Retired EMC CO

C13 #1 Prep Battle Dovre

PRT Campaign 13
Prep Battle 1 - RPX Victory

After rising tensions in Norway, units of Riamh Pax launched a surprise airborne operation in the Dovre valley. A nearby stationed battalion of VOG units reacted and began securing the Eastern part of the valley. While RPX managed to seize control of the majority of the valley after a long and tense battle, both units chose to retreat soon afterwards. Upon inquiry, the entire operation was dubbed a mere training maneuver by the press staff of both companies, though to a surprisingly unprecedented large scale. No official statement by Norwegian authorities was made available regarding this incident so far.

RESULT

PR Tracker Replay
Score Screen

This has only been the beginning. There have been reports of rising tensions in Central China, and the latest information about a planned operation show this:

Date: 21th of October 2017
Time: Battle start 19:00 PRT
Server Password: Announced 18:45 PRT
Map: Xiangshan STD
Teams: FR (RPX) vs CH (VOG)
No-Go Zone Rules: Click Here

What are Prep Battles?

Both commanders have already agreed on the following gentlemen agreement: The southernmost route (Fortress plus Swamps) is not to be played.
UPDATE: The decision has been reverted by the commanders. All routes and all assets are in play.

VOG & RPX Reserve signups will open again on 14 Oct at 1400PRT! There will only be a few slots available, so better get ready!

Check the How do I Signup thread for more information. Make sure you subscribe to that thread and never miss the signups again.

Last edited by Senshi; 2017-10-13 at 15:36.
Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-10, 10:23   #2
[T-ADM]Yrkidding
Lead Admin / Retired APN SCO

Re: C13 #1 Prep Battle Dovre

Valuable experience gained by both teams in that fight! Good show, and best of luck to both teams on Xiangshan.

"It is good that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
- Robert E. Lee

[PR]MRF|Cossack: "Just do it."™
Yrkidding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-11, 06:15   #3
Cossack
Retired MRF SCO

Damn it, I miss this so much...
Old 2017-10-11, 16:13   #4
[R-COM]​Michael_Denmark
Retired PELA/CATA CO

Cossack, here from the side bench, I miss it too.

Quote:
Both commanders have already agreed on the following gentlemen agreement: The southernmost route (Fortress plus Swamps) is not to be played.
So once more, the wonders of the Austerlitz terrain will be in play. Should be interesting.

In regard to the mobility balance on Xiangshan, it seems that all helicopters now has the same delay times. In campaign 12, the PLA had an increased delay. But still, the PLA has three landing boats ready from start. Thus a slight increase, in the mobility factor, for the VOG team.

That is if both teams, are allowed to use the river, between the southern and center island? not sure if that river, belongs to the southernmost route or not?

500 million combat boots... One heartbeat
Michael_Denmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-11, 16:17   #5
Friado
C12 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
Cossack, here from the side bench, I miss it too.

So once more, the wonders of the Austerlitz terrain will be in play. Should be interesting.

In regard to the mobility balance on Xiangshan, it seems that all helicopters now has the same delay times. In campaign 12, the PLA had an increased delay. But still, the PLA has three landing boats ready from start. Thus a slight increase, in the mobility factor, for the VOG team.

That is if both teams, are allowed to use the river, between the southern and center island? not sure if that river, belongs to the southernmost route or not?
Whole map will be playable area, but flag layouts that include fortress + swamp will not be played
Friado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-11, 16:21   #6
[R-COM]​Michael_Denmark
Retired PELA/CATA CO

Whole map, okay, then mobility will count.

500 million combat boots... One heartbeat
Michael_Denmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-11, 17:08   #7
Cossack
Retired MRF SCO

I am glad that gentlemen agreements are posted.
Old 2017-10-13, 15:39   #8
Senshi
Lead Admin / Retired EMC CO

Welp, and now that has changed last-minute .

UPDATE: Both commanders have agreed to play this battle without any gentlemen agreement.
This means the southern Route is BACK IN PLAY
There still is no UAV, though. Obviously.
Old 2017-10-13, 18:42   #9
Cossack
Retired MRF SCO

Fuck yeah then, I remember playing south Route in one the campaigns, that was hard as hell battle and close one as well.
Old 2017-10-13, 19:03   #10
[T-ADM]Yrkidding
Lead Admin / Retired APN SCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
Fuck yeah then, I remember playing south Route in one the campaigns, that was hard as hell battle and close one as well.
I remember that as a good battle for my squad at least, fought a bunch of time in the forest east of the castle and then fell back to reinforce it and fought along the walls to repel a good off the North and then South walls.

"It is good that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
- Robert E. Lee

[PR]MRF|Cossack: "Just do it."™
Yrkidding is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle, c13, dovre, prep