Go Back   Project Reality Tournament Forums > IMPORTANT INFORMATION > Announcements & News

Welcome to the Project Reality Forums! Join the Project Reality forums! Contact Us

Closed Thread

Old 2016-12-11, 10:52   #11
[R-COM]​Michael_Denmark
Retired PELA/CATA CO

Re: C12 - SITREP #2 - Official PR Tournament

I am glad you enjoyed it ytman. My heavier focus on the EMC, did make me a bit worried, that the APN, would feel unfair treated.

Quote:
I'd really enjoy doing a post tournament debrief in this vein. I think the game, especially played at this level, has real opportunity to be translated along realistic terms.
That would be great, I am looking forward to it. I also agree.

Below is deployed my explanation, of why I did not focus as much on the APN as on the EMC. I know you guys are busy with all the thinking and planning - fully remember how stressful it was, so I dont expect anyone to use time on reading or replying.

Why I focused more on the EMC than the APN in my first post
I did in fact attempt to analyse the APN deployment also. I mean, why did the APN deploy with two weak wings and a strong center? The south wing constantly on the move, while the northern wing, at first deployed in proximity to the opposing force, almost as it had assumed their would a force here, then only to pull back and deploy static?

This picture looked a bit like the famous trap, that is, the French southern wing at Austerlitz, being the bait, which the allies took and thus lost their center after wise, including the hills in their center too. On this map, in the EMC rear, there is such a hill too.

Furthermore, that northern APN squad, was lead by WebCole, also being the squad leader in the midst of things, on Burning Sand, from where the APN also launched its offensive later on, against that EMC building, sort of being a bulge too. Maybe the deployment of WebCole up there, all alone as he were, was a coincidence, but then again, maybe not? Perhaps the APN leadership wanted him there, as a force to pull back to the blocking force on the western bank of the river, leading the defense there?

However, as you can see, my analysis was based on too much speculation, so instead I decided to focus my attention, on what I could in fact see, taking place during the battle, basically being the successful APN positional fighting, and the partly successful, EMC offensive also.

The indicators that to me, lead to my interpretation of an APN 'Austerlitz' trap, were as follows:

1.The initial 'deep' APN deployment with focal point on Temple. The deployment is almost like a column.

2. [PR]APN|Soban and his HAT deployed on Temple. On Burning Sand, Soban was also deployed closely to the APN northern push. I even think he was the first killer on Burning Sand too, producing pretty much the same result, if not better, as on here on Xiangshan.

3.Third indicator was the behaviour of Webcoles squad, which first deployed close to the EMC bridge-head, only to pull back hereafter. Bait.

4. The southern APN squads, did what they could to avoid any fighting, while simultaneously not going straight to the EMC rear, made me suspicious on the intention with these, seemingly disciplined squads. Was the real purpose, to a) conduct reconnaissance / screening on the south wing, and b1) hereafter, if the northern trap were activated, move back north as a blocking force for assumed EMC units on the advance, or b2) as harassment force, doing the stuff Murkey did on Burning Sand too?

Not mentioned on the image, but the Temple was a useful position, as fire base, for supporting an APN thrust across the Temple river. Hence an indicator of a potential intention.
In overall though, the APN setup, was probably deployed for both offensive and defensive operations. In fact you could say that about both teams.

So in principle, the EMC force in the bridge-head, could thus be used to push south to Temple and close the EMC trap, after an APN crossing had been processed, as seen above.

OMG this almost resembles officer debates back when I played on a team.

I am looking forward to the next battle. These videos are great when you are on the side line.

500 million combat boots... One heartbeat

Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2016-12-11 at 11:04.
Old 2016-12-11, 12:14   #12
[T-CON]​Raidonrai
Tournament Contributor

jesus christ
Old 2016-12-11, 13:03   #13
[R-COM]​Michael_Denmark
Retired PELA/CATA CO

He he, and amen too.

But that is why I used all those images from the list of active vehicles. They portray the team scaled mobility factor.

In most of the images, it is the APN having most vehicles ready. Thus in theory and potentially speaking, the higher focus on mobility as well. Even though it was the EMC mostly on the attack.

As I said, an interesting and inspirational battle.

Old 2016-12-11, 15:50   #14
AlonTavor
C12 EMC / Contributor

Use this if you want a more up to date version of the player
Old 2016-12-11, 19:47   #15
[R-COM]​Michael_Denmark
Retired PELA/CATA CO

Copy Alon. Hm, load from URL...is that the map URL from the standard replay page, or how does it work?

Old 2016-12-11, 20:49   #16
AlonTavor
C12 EMC / Contributor

https://storage.googleapis.com/prdem...=c12_b1.PRdemo
Old 2016-12-11, 21:46   #17
Alexswesnipr
Task Force Member

WHat is updated?
Old 2016-12-11, 23:28   #18
[R-COM]​ytman
Retired PRT Command

GUI and loads more features like bookmarks.
Old 2016-12-12, 01:11   #19
[T-ADM]WebCole
Administrator

Don't worry about Raid, he would have difficulty analysing a game of Tic-Tac-Toe if given the opportunity
Old 2016-12-12, 01:20   #20
Merchant
C12 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytman View Post
GUI and loads more features like bookmarks.

To save others the trouble of trying to figure it out, click on the bottom-right star to create a bookmark, and click on the top-right star to view the bookmarks.
Closed Thread

Tags
c12, official, sitrep, tournament