Go Back   Project Reality Tournament Forums > IMPORTANT INFORMATION > Announcements & News

Welcome to the Project Reality Forums! Join the Project Reality forums! Contact Us

Closed Thread

Old 2016-12-05, 18:25   #1
[R-ADM]Onil
Retired PRT Management

Post C12 - SITREP #2 - Official PR Tournament

Hello PRT community!

The first battle of Campaign 12 has been played. APN lead in tickets almost the entire round, but EMC fought admirably and and almost succeeded in turning the game around with a daring offensive in the North which can be watched HERE. Ultimately the game went to APN with a final score of 107 - 0.

We are currently playing Operation Rising Sun, as can be seen on our operations page. The second map of this operation is Wanda Shan INF.

Date: 17th of December 2016
Time: Briefing: 18:00 PRT | Battle: 19:00 PRT
Map: Wanda Shan INF
Teams: PLA: APN| GER: EMC
No-Go Zone Rules: Click here

The Project Reality Team is proud to announce the official release of Project Reality: BF2 v1.4!

PR:BF2 v1.4 brings brand new vehicles, weapons, three new levels, a full rework of some existing maps and balance adjustments across many AAS map layers, all along with the usual bugfixes and performance improvements.

Remember to manually update to 1.4.1.

Find the full changelog and announcement here: PR Forums

-------------------------

[PR]CATA|Age: "This is the man who is to CATA what Wikipedia is to students. INFINITE WISDOM!"
Old 2016-12-05, 18:26   #2
[R-ADM]Onil
Retired PRT Management

Re: C12 - SITREP #2 - Official PR Tournament

Signups are currently Open with 17 slots available.

[PR]CATA|Age: "This is the man who is to CATA what Wikipedia is to students. INFINITE WISDOM!"
Old 2016-12-08, 13:00   #3
[R-COM]​Michael_Denmark
Retired PELA/CATA CO

Thumbs up Re: C12 - SITREP #2 - Official PR Tournament

What a great battle. It can be described, using only two words: sluggishness, acceleration, sluggishness.

This, the first battle of Campaign 12, became the story of two teams, developing their expertise in a slow build up of force allocation. Only exchanging positioned fire solutions, on the local level, until change deployed it self, into the dynamic.
Because, Now everything exploded, in a surprise attack, that not only evened out the almost 40 tickets, that the EMC was behind, but also pushed the APN all the way east, until it decided to fall even further back, behind the most northern part of the eastern river.
Time wise, this EMC offensive, took place way into the battle and thus, had similarities with the APN offensive on Burning Sands.

But a remarkable achievement it is and a solid indicator too, of a tournament team, the Euro-Arabian Military Coalition, still in its initial stage of developing its own offensive spirit and perhaps its own maneuver style too? We already experienced this spark for the smack, on Operation Marlin, where the EMC did pull it off and won the day.

However, contrary to the likewise and aggressive EMC push on Operation Marlin, its successor here on Xiangshan, perhaps overstretched it self, ebbing out as it did, the closer it got to the opposite river bank. The following reduced speed and tempo changed the battle dynamic into a more or less static firefight again, where the APN still has the sub-shooter battle advantage. In this case, not forgetting, a firefight involving an Area Attack, on two heavy EMC vehicles, very much needed in order for the EMC to recreate its speed and tempo.

Nonetheless, here from the side-line, this daring northern surprise attack, deserve the respect for its nerve, its spirit and its tactical success.
The famous quote from the French revolutionary leader, Georges Jacques Danton, whose words so many other commanders, throughout our modern era, of war history, has used as their own maxim too.

"L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"
"Boldness, audacity, always audacity!"

With Dantons famous words, I will respectfully deploy a few images and comments.

EMC deployment of Air infantry on the eastern side of the Temple river.
APN in a similar marching formation as on Burning Sands.

The opposing teams start facing each other.
Note how their focus is diametrically different. EMC concentrating north of Temple, while APN concentrating on it and behind it.
Did they perceive the center of gravity in the same manner?

[PR]APN|Soban is the first killer in the first real battle of Campaign 12.
In a single shot, his anti-tank rocket system, take out seven EMC tickets!

A few minutes later, using his deployed 50 Cal, [PR]EMC|GHOST_-DK-, becomes the second killer of Campaign 12.

The last squad to deploy is an APN squad in the north.
Initially it had actually deployed further southwest, however, it decided to withdraw up north and deploy there instead.

Notice how the two squads in the south has done everything possible, to avoid each other.
Here from the side-line it seems as they both had deployed their focus on the rear of the enemy team.

The front just before EMC launches its surprise. As you can see, the ticket balance at this point, is in APN favor, leading with almost 40.
Did the lead make the APN feel safe?

An image from the the perhaps potential peak of the EMC offensive.
Again, take note of the ticket balance, now it is 414-414.
The EMC attack has leveled it out. Quite an impressive accomplishment.

EMC at its height of territorial gain.

Allied Pacific Nations in its successful and victorious counter attack!
Once again, take a look on the tickets.
Clearly the EMC retreat and its attached APN pursuit, has made a big impact in the balance.
From here on the battle, more or less, morphed into what it started with,
a positioned sub-shooter battle, in where the APN maintained its ticket lead.

So again, what a battle. Style wise, almost like Rommel versus Montgomery, where the attacking Rommel also faced defeat, after having stretched his efforts too far, while simultaneously, when the speed and tempo of his attack faded out, deciding not to fall back into a stronger position.

But let there be no doubt, that in my mind, offensive surprises like this one, stretching too far or not, is what makes the project reality tournament worth watching.

Clearly it is possible, making successful usage, of the second most complex battle behavior in the PR dynamic; the attack.

What an inspiration.

Thank you.

500 million combat boots... One heartbeat
Old 2016-12-08, 13:23   #4
Vista
C12 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
Clearly it is possible, making successful usage, of the second most complex battle behavior in the PR dynamic; the attack.

What an inspiration.

Thank you.
Old 2016-12-08, 13:27   #5
Senshi
Lead Admin / Retired EMC CO

The only possible response.
Old 2016-12-08, 13:43   #6
Vista
C12 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
The only possible response.

I also had this one
Old 2016-12-08, 14:12   #7
Jizzco
Task Force Member

I figured out what emc really stands for, European meme collection.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Old 2016-12-08, 15:36   #8
Senshi
Lead Admin / Retired EMC CO

I will not disagree with that.
Old 2016-12-08, 19:55   #9
[R-COM]​Michael_Denmark
Retired PELA/CATA CO

Hi guys, glad you approved it. I have to say I was a bit worried. It is not a tradition in the tournament, for other CO or SCO players, to do this stuff. Then again, now all these videos are out and the administrators started that great analysis idea, then why not give this a try too?

Should anyone feel unpleasant with it, please just say so. I am sure people will respect it, the few of us who actually follow these fights on this level. And of course, a lot more could be said, many pages could be written, but a superficial analysis/description like above, is maybe not a bad idea?

I mean, after all, we are so few CO and SCO players in overall, around 50 right, out of all these thousands of players, thus if we can inspire each other with a few of our perceptions and opinions, maybe that will accumulate some knowledge for our small community?

Finally, before deploying my question related to the next battle, I want to congratulate the APN team, for their well deserved victory. In my opinion you played it safe, skilled and sound. In terms of safe, probably like I would have done too. You also won. And related to that victory, Frank_Jeager, that was cool to watch, how you utilized that main battle tank.

Now to the question: The Norinco FAV, is that the FAV Buggy?

500 million combat boots... One heartbeat

Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2016-12-09 at 06:47. Reason: it - not tit
Old 2016-12-11, 03:06   #10
[R-COM]​ytman
Retired PRT Command

I enjoyed it myself. Thought it a fair representation of the battle.

I'd really enjoy doing a post tournament debrief in this vein. I think the game, especially played at this level, has real opportunity to be translated along realistic terms.

Last edited by ytman; 2016-12-11 at 03:13. Reason: typo
Closed Thread

Tags
c12, official, sitrep, tournament