Go Back   Project Reality Tournament Forums > IMPORTANT INFORMATION > Announcements & News

Welcome to the Project Reality Forums! Join the Project Reality forums! Contact Us

Closed Thread

Old 2017-11-26, 18:09   #41
Merchant
C12 Member

Re: C13 Battle #2 Nuijamaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
However, if seen relevant, I wanted to put light on two guides I had forgot about. They are both made by RAWSwampFox:
  1. FOBS - The Most Important Facet of the Game PR
    http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...t-game-pr.html
  2. PR Statistics / Useless Information
    http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...formation.html

They are not directly related to constructing obstacles, but they do still contain useful information, I think.

That second link you provided Micheal, I've collated into one document, and categorized the information as much as possible, I believe this makes the information easier to make use of:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I'm going to have to look through that thread to see if there might not be a few posts missing, as the last posts that I added to my document might be 6 mos. to 1 yr. before the last posts... there's probably very little missing, however.
Old 2017-11-27, 17:40   #42
parch
C12 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
So completely outdated I am not.
Old 2017-11-28, 14:01   #43
[R-COM]​Michael_Denmark
Retired PELA/CATA CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
Nope, they aren't.
They aren't, OK.

I just watched the replay again, from the Flag Zone fighting, and it is clear as day that VOG has learned to 1) keep the initiative, 2) change its direction of attacks and 3) attack in force.

RAWSwampFox writes as follows in his FOB guide on page 3:

Quote:
...Since you can build 100 roadblocks or razorwire emplacements, build as many as possible. This also allows you to provide focused defense of an objective by forcing enemy traffic into a certain patterns that maximize your assets. When placing razorwire, make sure to have a combat engineer wrench these. They can build one of these within 20 seconds versus 40+ seconds with shovels.
If this information is not outdated, then that is close to three razor wire sections, per minute, per combat engineer. Not saying I am sure how many of these needed to be constructed in a flag zone like the one on Nuijamaa, covering at least one of its sides, but it should be doable to strengthen a defense like the one RPX made use of, against those agressive assaults from VOG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
That second link you provided Micheal, I've collated into one document, and categorized the information as much as possible, I believe this makes the information easier to make use of.
Thank you for doing this Merchant. Important knowledge. Already reading.

...hmmm Parch

500 million combat boots... One heartbeat
Old 2017-11-28, 14:36   #44
Jizzco
Task Force Member

Fob emplacements just die to mortars the majority of the time, wire in PR is nothing like in real life and the only places you'll cut off are buildings.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Old 2017-11-28, 20:41   #45
[T-ADM]Yrkidding
Lead Admin / Retired APN SCO

Foxholes, on the other hand, are very useful towards surviving mortars.

"It is good that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
- Robert E. Lee

[PR]MRF|Cossack: "Just do it."™
Old 2017-11-28, 20:50   #46
Pink_Panther
PRT Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzco View Post
Fob emplacements just die to mortars the majority of the time, wire in PR is nothing like in real life and the only places you'll cut off are buildings.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I would prefer mortars shooting static razorwire then static inf.
In such case, I think it is preferable to assign a position that is to get hit by mortars, so you can divert enemies attention, its a sort of reversed crowed control, hum, I mean aggro.

Last edited by Pink_Panther; 2017-11-28 at 21:03.
Old 2017-11-29, 14:12   #47
Friado
C12 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
I would prefer mortars shooting static razorwire then static inf.
In such case, I think it is preferable to assign a position that is to get hit by mortars, so you can divert enemies attention, its a sort of reversed crowed control, hum, I mean aggro.
Why would mortars shoot razorwire if they could shoot inf

In forest maps you can just easily walk around constructible things.
Old 2017-11-29, 16:29   #48
Pink_Panther
PRT Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friado View Post
Why would mortars shoot razorwire if they could shoot inf

In forest maps you can just easily walk around constructible things.
Well, mortars are blind, they shoot where they are told to shoot. If you have a Fob and enemy activity around it, are you going to order the mortars to shoot around the fob, or at the fob ? What is easier to take down ? a FOB or spotted contacts in the rear of a forest ?

Can we predict at what mortars will shoot ? I don't think so, but if you are in a position during the game where your gut instincts tell you something is going to fall on your head, I guess this means that you are a threat, and it is an indicator of the enemies objective, for usually you assault a position after you mortar it.

Now what I said earlier is a general statement that can be applied for anything, not just razorwire. But if deployements end in line formations, everything will become a threat, so what I said will not work.
Old 2017-11-29, 17:21   #49
L4gi
C8 Member

Usually you mortar something for kills/finishing people off so you dont need to send anyone in to waste tickets trying to mop up. Are we even playing the same game?
Old 2017-11-29, 17:53   #50
Pink_Panther
PRT Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4gi View Post
Usually you mortar something for kills/finishing people off so you dont need to send anyone in to waste tickets trying to mop up. Are we even playing the same game?
I am not sure man, let me use an example.
There was a moment in Xiangshan, where VOG before launching their offensive which was a very tense moment, used 2 full mortar loads and spammed the FOB and hill that was in my west at that moment.
The mortar barrage was useless and killed at best 3 guys of the FOB squad. But in that moment we knew that VOG was coming. And my squad was the first to give in casualties. I even think I got the first kill in what was the first VOG assault of the jungle.

Do I need to use other examples ? Did you play this game ?
Closed Thread

Tags
battle, c13, nuijamaa