Go Back   Project Reality Tournament Forums > PUBLIC FORUM > General Tournament Discussion

Welcome to the Project Reality Forums! Join the Project Reality forums! Contact Us

Old 2018-03-11, 12:37   #1
adf112

What are the specs to run PR?

Im trying to know what the official minimum/ maximum requirements for PR are. I have a laptop currently but i wont bother posting specs because i know it wont run PR. I'm going to buy a PC but i don't have much money so i'm trying to get the cheapest one i can get that will still run PR. Hopefully no more than $300 on the computer.

Also wondering what the playerbase is like compared to 1-2 years ago. I'm not in Europe or America so hopefully there will still be servers for me.

(edit) i think i posted on the wrong forum or something so if someone could give me a link to register on the proper website that would be appreciated.
adf112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-11, 12:43   #2
[T-ADM]Lhop
Administrator

Re: What are the specs to run PR?

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/

The specs are whatever you needed to run Battlefield 2 10 years ago plus some extra so as long as you buy 5 years or newer stuff you can't go wrong for Project Reality.

At least 1 full server evening Europe time in my experience.
Old 2018-03-11, 12:48   #3
adf112

Ah ok. It's just the 100 players and large maps that i need a good processor for. Btw i tried to register on the PR site but i cannot for the life of me get through the captcha. i'm doing it correct every time and even did the same one twice trying different ways (caps spaces) but nope. Anyway thanks for the reply.
adf112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 09:00   #4
assetruler69

You need good single thread performance and fast RAM.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

CPU with at least 3.5Ghz frequency which scores higher than 2k would allow you to play. If you want comfort 50 FPS(and higher) you need something which scores more than 2.2k and have 4Ghz.

560 Ti would do the job speaking of GPU and used one only costs about 50$.

Last edited by assetruler69; 2018-03-12 at 09:49.
assetruler69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 00:32   #5
Merchant
C12 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adf112 View Post
Ah ok. It's just the 100 players and large maps that i need a good processor for. Btw i tried to register on the PR site but i cannot for the life of me get through the captcha. i'm doing it correct every time and even did the same one twice trying different ways (caps spaces) but nope. Anyway thanks for the reply.
Tell me about it! Those goddamned captchas are sh*te!

I can't believe that crap is still being used an eternity after being shown and proven to be deficient.

The key, if I remember correctly, is to not place any space between the two words, combine the two words into one (though you might still have to go through several captchas before it finally decides to stop tormenting you).

Good luck, you'll need it.

As for the PR computer, if you're thinking about making it a laptop, I'm not convinced that you'll be able to find a system with a good CPU and decent graphics card for only $300.00.

If it's laptop, for good PR performance, I'd think you'd be looking to at least twice that amount (sure, the $300.00 laptop might advertise impressive numbers in the Specs. section, but some crap video card that needs to "borrow" some of your motherboard's CPU cycles to do its work, and an ethernet card that again takes some of your CPU's cycles to manage/route ethernet packets, and on top of that whatever other scam shortcuts the manufacturer will employ to sell you that laptop for $300.00, with glowing specs, I'm not really convinced that this type of laptop will give you the performance you might be tricked into expecting).

Hope I'm wrong, and good luck once again.
Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
run, specs