Go Back   Project Reality Tournament Forums > PUBLIC FORUM > General Tournament Discussion

Welcome to the Project Reality Forums! Join the Project Reality forums! Contact Us

Old 2017-10-19, 10:49   #71
Senshi
Lead Admin / Retired EMC CO

Re: C12 Intel/Battleplan Sharing Thread

You have the superpower of presenting things in a vastly more complicated manner than necessary, Michael .

Your updated explanation of the timing sentence now makes sense, because you properly reference the issues you talk about.
Old 2017-10-19, 11:00   #72
hugger
Task Force Member

As it was said already, timings show you where you can safely deploy without being greeted with either AA or armor. I don't really see a way to "make your on timings" other than NOT to deploy as far as possible. This doesn't make sense, as the new changes put more importance on holding flags. Ticketwise, yes, letting the enemy advance and cap flags while they are white and then capping back makes them lose 30 tickets. (was done on Dovre last year iirc) I don't think any team will take such a risk on Xiang as gaining ground comes down to asset advantage.

Using the published timings or your own doesn't make a difference, you can't make a truck or a helo go faster and the enemy team will probably not be stupid enough to push to get ambushed on deployment.
Old 2017-10-19, 11:06   #73
[R-COM]​Michael_Denmark
Retired PELA/CATA CO

Well Senshi, yeah, probably. Then again, in order of not to complicate that post, I never added all the complexity I wanted to include.

The image however, I think is useful and quite simple when you think of it. Two mirrored patterns, divided by a common threshold, while simultaneously, both mirrored patterns are punctuated by a third pattern. (the hidden timing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger View Post
As it was said already, timings show you where you can safely deploy without being greeted with either AA or armor. I don't really see a way to "make your on timings" other than NOT to deploy as far as possible. This doesn't make sense, as the new changes put more importance on holding flags. Ticketwise, yes, letting the enemy advance and cap flags while they are white and then capping back makes them lose 30 tickets. (was done on Dovre last year iirc) I don't think any team will take such a risk on Xiang as gaining ground comes down to asset advantage.
I hear you Hugger, maybe you are right too. It could very well be that I percieve it in a wrongly manner, taking in the definition of timings, that you state.

Quote:
Using the published timings or your own doesn't make a difference, you can't make a truck or a helo go faster and the enemy team will probably not be stupid enough to push to get ambushed on deployment.
On this one, I agree and disagree.

500 million combat boots... One heartbeat

Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2017-10-19 at 11:14.
Michael_Denmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-19, 12:17   #74
Merchant
C12 Member

Michael is much too humble to reveal it, which is why I have to step in to remind you all that Michael's great, great, great grandfather was Søren Kierkegaard.

It's not overly-complicated thinking, just overly-reasoned thinking
Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 13:54   #75
[R-COM]​Michael_Denmark
Retired PELA/CATA CO

Good stuff

Niels Bohr rock too.

500 million combat boots... One heartbeat
Michael_Denmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c12, intel or battleplan, sharing, thread