PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.4 out now

Senshi
November 26th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Make sure to update your game. 1.2GB download.

Senshi
November 27th, 2016, 01:20 AM
Updated the mapviewer for 1.4 just now.

Yrkidding
November 27th, 2016, 01:29 AM
Thanks, Senshi

Senshi
November 27th, 2016, 01:38 AM
Can someone confirm that the only maps who actually have been revamped/added (terrain/buildings) are:
Al Basrah
Bamyan
Gaza
Goose Green
The Falklands
Wanda Shan

I only updated the map tiles for those (spotty internet, would take long to do all of them).

Yrkidding
November 27th, 2016, 01:52 AM
Grozy has also been reworked a fair bit.
Beirut has had a big rework according to changelog.
Kozelsk has had a significant rework.

"Updated or made brand new layers to increase win-ratio and gameplay balance on most maps."

Not sure if you're looking for the last part or not.

Liam
November 27th, 2016, 02:16 AM
Grozny has a new lightmap, but I can't say if anything really changed on the map side of things. Maybe better safe than sorry.
Beiruit has had some minor changes. Doesn't affect map layout although I think some buildings have been swapped and fences changed. See here. (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f196-pr-highlights/140769-beirut-map-update.html)

Yrkidding
November 27th, 2016, 02:33 AM
Couple of new fences (I.E. a solid brick wall around the Airport), a couple of other little things I noticed but can't remember exactly.

Senshi
November 27th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Re-uploaded tiles for Kozelsk, Beirut, Grozny. Better safe than sorry, indeed :) .

Spook
November 27th, 2016, 11:30 AM
If you notice any of the maps having different DODs on the PRT relevant layers, please let me know. So I can updated NGZs.

happy_google
November 27th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Kidding said something about the smaller chinese trans chopper not spawning on xiangshan std.

Geronimo
November 27th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Kidding said something about the smaller chinese trans chopper not spawning on xiangshan std.It got removed. They only have a single big one with a 5min delayed spawn.

Aleon
November 27th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Which is completely retarded. *slow clap*

To be fair the patch is amazing, but I'm really salty tournament wise. We just counter-picked ourselves in the hardest way possible with both maps tbh.

Yrkidding
November 27th, 2016, 01:06 PM
The changelog only mentioned that all the assets were moved from the forward Outpost to the main base, never mentioned anything about it being removed, are you sure it's an intentional change?

I have to agree with Aleon, I'd like to think I have some faith in the devs but I just can't see why they would've done this. I'm guessing the logic was that the big chopper gives 2 crates so it vs. The panther and the merlin "balances" assymerrically but with the 5 minute delay it poses a serious detriment to China at the start, why wouldn't you mirror it instead and give the light chopper plus the Chinese cow so it's equal?

Mineral
November 27th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Future hotfix will likely include fix to sniper kits. It's a lefover of all the odd things on this map. It will end up one sniper kit per team, not 2 for team2;

Yrkidding
November 27th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Future hotfix will likely include fix to sniper kits. It's a lefover of all the odd things on this map. It will end up one sniper kit per team, not 2 for team2;

Any idea if the Chinese light chopper has been removed intentionally or as a mistake?

Aleon
November 27th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Phew, I was worried about the pickup sniper kits. They really make the map unbalanced. Kappa. :D

WebCole
November 27th, 2016, 08:21 PM
It got removed. They only have a single big one with a 5min delayed spawn.

No chopper vs chopper on deployment on 4km map. Da fuq is that.

M.Salvatore
November 30th, 2016, 10:19 PM
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/143573-project-reality-bf2-v1-4-1-manual-update-required.html