PDA

View Full Version : New C12 Trailer - Please Share!

paul_onesix
October 11th, 2016, 12:48 AM
Hey all after a couple weeks of editing and filming it is here.

GOe9jZiSdFU

please share with all your friends who are interested in the tournament and help get the word out!

Yrkidding
October 11th, 2016, 02:25 AM
Looks great, Paul. Spreading it where I can.

Alexswesnipr
October 11th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Wow this sure is some serious shit. Good job though!

(Also why did the guy crossing the street run so retarded? what the heck)

Geronimo
October 11th, 2016, 10:37 AM
Nice work paul!

Jarhead
October 11th, 2016, 10:54 AM
really cool trailer :D
spreading the word, brah ^^

Philrow
October 11th, 2016, 01:18 PM
"I really hate training" sums up the PRT

I only quickly watched it, but I think I heard you talk in the background every now and then. Not sure if intentionally

Ghrane
October 11th, 2016, 04:04 PM
How about some bloopers? :D

Jarhead
October 11th, 2016, 04:26 PM
I only quickly watched it, but I think I heard you talk in the background every now and then. Not sure if intentionally

watch it all the way with sound again ;) the talking is core of the video :D

Ghrane
October 11th, 2016, 04:35 PM
"I really hate training" sums up the PRT

That is intentionally, pretty sure of it. Like Paul is saying "Man down!" when this soldier get's popped, for example.

paul_onesix
October 11th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Yea was intentional, glad you guys are liking it :) and I was wondering the same thing Alex, never seen that before in pr haha

Filamu
October 11th, 2016, 04:56 PM
The talk in the background should be higher volume. I missed it completely the first time.

paul_onesix
October 11th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Just realized this version didn't have credits at the end :( I will do my best to sort it out, might have to RE-upload

Frontliner
October 11th, 2016, 06:26 PM
And the PR "elite" crew is already at it, trashing the work you put into it, how mature.

I guess that means you did good, you rustled their elitism :D

Disnoxxio
October 11th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Fuck that, couldn't care less. Nice job onesix.

WebCole
October 11th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Turned out great Paul, good job :D

Prancer
October 11th, 2016, 08:35 PM
I like it. Really builds up the fictional world behind C12.

Converse
October 12th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Great work, it looks awesome.

Dr_Evil
October 12th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Good job chaps!

Simplejack
October 12th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Niiiiice !

But we definitly need the bloopers :P

Liam
October 12th, 2016, 05:02 PM
It already is a blooper... Originally the RPG was meant to hit the huey. :|

Onil
October 12th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Liam;360999']It already is a blooper... Originally the RPG was meant to hit the huey. :|

Should have gotten Soban to shoot it then ;)

Ghrane
October 13th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Liam;360999']It already is a blooper... Originally the RPG was meant to hit the huey. :|

And I remain to be a happy healthy pilot :D

Merchant
October 14th, 2016, 04:25 AM
First thing I took notice of watching it, Huey pilot seemed pretty nonchalant after just having had an AT round whiz past him some 10 seconds prior :D

Nice work Paul!

Yrkidding
October 14th, 2016, 05:43 AM
Ghrane;361043']And I remain to be a happy healthy pilot :D

Nothing better than being a happy healthy huey pilot :P

banTournamen
October 14th, 2016, 05:55 PM
Good trailer but a bit too dramatic IMO

Camel
October 14th, 2016, 07:10 PM
I really liked this, and personally welcome the variation in PR videos.

Also, cool atmospheric touch to set right mood for C12.

Prancer
October 15th, 2016, 06:07 PM
I wonder if anybody would be willing to be "imbedded reporters" during the tournament?

Each team gets one.

They walk around in civilian/unarmed kits with the troops on their side and their sole role is to "film" the battles. Later that footage is edited into either news reports or propaganda videos to be posted on the forums.

Just a crazy idea that I thought might be fun to talk about.

Philrow
October 15th, 2016, 06:19 PM
Would give away potential people hiding, could cause accidental ticket losses because some people are too triggerhappy etc.

It would add too little with too many risks tbh.

I had a similar suggestion for C11; A new PRBot with no map icon, invisible model etc., and perhaps even a cool HUD showing ticket counts on both teams in a professional way. But that'd require too much work, and not even sure if worth it

Prancer
October 15th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Would give away potential people hiding, could cause accidental ticket losses because some people are too triggerhappy etc.

It would add too little with too many risks tbh.

I had a similar suggestion for C11; A new PRBot with no map icon, invisible model etc., and perhaps even a cool HUD showing ticket counts on both teams in a professional way. But that'd require too much work, and not even sure if worth it

Fair points. Especially since something like this would probably be limited to tournaments.

Probably the closest thing we could do now would be to have designated "helmet-cam" players who record their game-plays then send them over to the propaganda officers.

Yrkidding
October 15th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Fair points. Especially since something like this would probably be limited to tournaments.

Probably the best we could do now that's similar to this idea would be to have designated "helmet-cam" players who record their game-plays then send them over to the propaganda officers.

There are a bunch of people who record the matches nowadays from their perspectives, plenty of footage will come out from this campaign. Alexswesnipr (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI94AwH0paofNvKWDK0F8xg) has some good videos from last campaigns.

Prancer
October 15th, 2016, 06:38 PM
There are a bunch of people who record the matches nowadays from their perspectives, plenty of footage will come out from this campaign. Alexswesnipr (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI94AwH0paofNvKWDK0F8xg) has some good videos from last campaigns.

Is he a youtuber?

Yrkidding
October 15th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Long-time PR player but he uploads his videos to youtube, yes.

Prancer
October 15th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Long-time PR player but he uploads his videos to youtube, yes.

Very nice. I'll check out his channel. Thanks, by the way.

Merchant
October 16th, 2016, 02:54 AM

Whoever reads this, if you have a nVidia video card (usually referred to as GeForce), go here and get ShadowPlay: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/share

Though I haven't tried it, seems as though you might be able to stream directly to YouTube via ShadowPlay: vuH4u0WGjww

ShadowPlay works in the background and has no performance hit. It doesn't save anything to your hard drive, but whenever something "cool" has happened in-game, then I just hit Alt-F10, and the last 16 mins. of game action is automatically, very quickly, written to disk. I can later go review the video, grab only the pieces of video (game action) that I want, create a new smaller video file with only the parts I'm interested in, and discard the larger original file.

Here is a sample of a recorded video for you to see the recording quality:
7k6ngRqeM9k

Indispensable, free 1st person recording to save your favourite PR moments.

Yrkidding
October 16th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Have to fix your video links there, Merchant, have to get the full version of the youtube link.

I also wouldn't recommend streaming any PRT games live, though. I believe it's against the rules and it's also potentially putting out everything your doing to the other team. On the other hand, recording the matches are totally encouraged.

Merchant
October 16th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Have to fix your video links there, Merchant, have to get the full version of the youtube link.

I also wouldn't recommend streaming any PRT games live, though. I believe it's against the rules and it's also potentially putting out everything your doing to the other team. On the other hand, recording the matches are totally encouraged.

What? Are you getting that where you click on the YT and get a error msg "An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: such-and-such)". You getting that error msg?

Been getting that blasted error msg lately, sometimes, when ppl were posting YT links on here, and thought I was the only one getting that error msg because of the fact that I don't have Adobe Flash installed on my computers. Have been needing to look at the page source to find the YT link in order to watch some of those vids.

The YT link I always use is by clicking on the Share button below the YT video, and then using the share link that pops up when clicking on that Share button... always worked in the past... not sure what YT link I should be using other than that, and where to get it. What YT link do you suggest?

As for the Live Streaming, never even thought of that, was just looking for vids/info explaining ShadowPlay, saw that bit about live streaming, and just included it as a bonus functionality of ShadowPlay.

But yes, obviously, live streaming of an ongoing match is potentially disastrous.

Raidonrai
October 16th, 2016, 04:01 PM
vuH4u0WGjww

7k6ngRqeM9k

Merchant pls

Hit the quote button on this post and see how I formatted it.

Onil
October 16th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Fixed your videos Merchant. You only have to add the last letters which are the video ID, to the youtube bb code.

Merchant
October 16th, 2016, 04:26 PM
Bloody Hell! Musta been adding the whole link.

So that's why other vids on these forums are producing an error msg such as the one I've referred to in my previous post?

Raidonrai
October 16th, 2016, 05:53 PM
Ye, people just doing it wrong.

ThermalPanda
October 16th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Well it works now

Yrkidding
October 17th, 2016, 05:28 AM
Fixed your videos Merchant. You only have to add the last letters which are the video ID, to the youtube bb code.

Onil is right on this one, mixed up this forum with another.

MobiusOne
October 17th, 2016, 07:53 PM
vuH4u0WGjww

I will say that while I've used the recording software before, in recent versions recorded voice is only able to be heard through the left ear. I think this has something to do with not being able to force the mic to mono stereo, but until an update fixes this you have to use some kind of middleware to fix it.

Maybe I'm the only one experiencing this problem, who knows.

Merchant
October 17th, 2016, 08:49 PM
I will say that while I've used the recording software before, in recent versions recorded voice is only able to be heard through the left ear. I think this has something to do with not being able to force the mic to mono stereo, but until an update fixes this you have to use some kind of middleware to fix it.

Maybe I'm the only one experiencing this problem, who knows.

Strange, I don't have that problem.

I used to have a problem with ShadowPlay whereby the audio would die half way through the recorded video, but that has since been fixed.

There are nVidia forums where ppl post their issues... there might be a solution to what you're experiencing.