PDA

View Full Version : How did you find out about the PRT?

Onil
September 18th, 2014, 01:18 PM
As the title says, we would like to know how and when you found out about the PRT and what made you want to join it.

How did you find out about THIS Campaign and what made you sign up for it?

I'll start.

I found the PRT due to seeing many players with PELA and MEDI tags on the pubs and eventually asked one of them if it was a clan or community. The answer was clear, they were PRT Teams and that was the place where you could find the best PR experience ever. Lets just say that I wasn't disappointed when I gave it a try ;)

What about you guys?

Elektro
September 18th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Always wondered what those NATO and CATA tags stood for. I remember asking once ingame and being told about the PR Tournament, I was told it was the place where the most skilled of the community came to play. I couldnīt join at the time as there was a campaign already running, but joined the next which I belive was C8 or was it called C8.5 - canīt remember.

Peeta
September 18th, 2014, 01:55 PM
The tags yeah. Eventually I joined the PR forums and I think I saw a blurb about it when they were doing second or third round sign ups for C7. Joined NATO and never looked back.

Alexswesnipr
September 18th, 2014, 02:11 PM
I found out from the tags and the signatures on PR forums. When I looked it up I saw that it was underway but I really didn't understand much of it.

However when the new campain was announced that got my interested.

EDIT: found out on PR forums news, which i check multiple times a day

Nate
September 18th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Want to add: How did you find out about THIS Campaign and what made you sign up for it?

mat552
September 18th, 2014, 03:34 PM
It was on the front page of the PR website.

Baltimore
September 18th, 2014, 03:41 PM
I just asked some CATA tags as Onil.Amazing.Really. :)

ps. Pr forum news

Strela2M
September 18th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Jurina met makee in pub then he told me (C9)

About this one... I just had feeling it is going to happen this year after Murkey posted "Return of PRT" :D

Arnoldio
September 18th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Every PRT I saw the announcement on PR forums, browsing daily. :D

MADsqirrel
September 18th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Someone in the prta teamspeak was very excited about stuff happening on the prt side some months ago and telling me there will be a new tournament.
So he got me hyped for it also.

Pronck
September 18th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Too much CATA and NATO tags made me looking for it and then I found the topic on the PR forums. I was never interested to join though until now.

sivakis
September 18th, 2014, 10:49 PM
SRF Rex. Told me about the tournament CATA vs NATO ~(C4)

Peeta
September 18th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Nate;322069']Want to add: How did you find out about THIS Campaign and what made you sign up for it?
I saw the front page of the PR site.

Lost_Tactics
September 19th, 2014, 03:08 PM
I found this tournament because I like using Reddit and one day I decided to stop by r/ProjectReality, a link to here was the top comment. I decided to join because I always wanted to play a Tournament, but was on too unreliable of a schedule to do it, now however the only holding me back from playing is my 9 to 5 job, so I had to give it a shot.

OReely
September 19th, 2014, 03:12 PM
PR NATO tags and namely [PR]NATO|Eversmith.

Was a very nice guy, taught me a lot then i got myself into C8 Nato Alpha.

Been enjoying it since then.

Soban
September 19th, 2014, 05:03 PM
i don't even know i got here ._. just can't remember :confused:

MasterNimrod
September 19th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Brother Ason building the Grozny map told me ;)

Temexter
September 19th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Yk3ky3riytI

Disnoxxio
September 20th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Heard shitloads of it from the so called veterans and they were longing back to those days. So yeah why not signing up ;).

Busky
September 27th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Nate;322069']Want to add: How did you find out about THIS Campaign and what made you sign up for it?

Hey Nate, thx for inviting me! Iīm allways looking for intense teamplay events.

Liam
September 30th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Aha! I remember that round, Busky. :)

Good to see you here, man!

Fox_J21
October 29th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Someone I used to play with messaged me on steam wondering if I could still lead a squad in PR.

Of course, I haven't played in years. Maybe I'll check in for winter reinforcements. I'm surprised I still recognize some people! P*Funk and Snipd were actually my CO and XO for C9, I see those grandpas are still playing.

Nautileus
October 29th, 2014, 02:13 PM
One of the devs I talk with every now and then told me about the tournament, and asked if I still play PR.

CaptainBlack
September 8th, 2015, 09:49 PM
Dont ask me, its first time i join , just 1,5 years gameplay :D. seems better than the orginal. but idk can i choose nation to join or its alredy fixed?

Cossack
September 8th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Dont ask me, its first time i join , just 1,5 years gameplay :D. seems better than the orginal. but idk can i choose nation to join or its alredy fixed?

Please read the FAQ, everything is answered there. :)

OReely
September 16th, 2015, 08:02 AM
One of the devs I talk with every now and then told me about the tournament, and asked if I still play PR.

But do you still play pr?

Tribaja
September 18th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Been playing on and off since atleast 0.8, but for the first time I'm considering joining the tournament.

I just noticed the news piece on the front Reality Mod page and thought that it might be time to give the tournaments a shot. I've known its existed all this time but I've never spotted it in time or thought that it was already full, I've been interested in joining though.

Stark38
September 20th, 2015, 07:40 AM
Found out about the tourney via the /r/Projectreality subreddit. Looking forward to more serious combat!

Leo
September 21st, 2015, 08:09 PM
Found out from other people in community. Also writing this post mostly to be able to PM a guy.

Randy
September 21st, 2015, 09:59 PM
Curry made a post in our community's PR forum (I guess I shouldn't say which community, right?). I used to play tons of PR back around .8, but been away for a few years (playing Planetside 2, DON'T JUDGE ME lol). Just been getting back into it lately and came across that post, I lucked out with the timing and seem to have made it in. This will be my first one and I'm really looking forward to it.

Curry
September 21st, 2015, 10:01 PM
Curry made a post in our community's PR forum (I guess I shouldn't say which community, right?). I used to play tons of PR back around .8, but been away for a few years (playing Planetside 2, DON'T JUDGE ME lol). Just been getting back into it lately and came across that post, I lucked out with the timing and seem to have made it in. This will be my first one and I'm really looking forward to it.

Glad you and some of your tacical fellows made it :P

Curry.

Heskey
September 23rd, 2015, 10:45 AM
Saw the official announcement at PRTA and by the time I came to sign-up, it was closed! Waaah!

happy_google
September 24th, 2015, 04:23 AM
Saw an advertisement on the forums.

RedFaction
September 24th, 2015, 04:36 AM
Heard about it while playing PR.

Dr_Evil
September 24th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Initially through the PR Forums and then reminded by PRTA forums

Thunderquack
February 15th, 2016, 12:36 PM
I was asked to join by a couple of guys I played with in a public server a few days ago. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get my first post count so I can PM them before signing up. The "introduce yourself" thread didn't seem to do the trick, so here I am.

EDIT: yay, it worked!

Almost
March 16th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Well.....I was an Avid Vanilla BF2 fan when it first came out when I was wee lil one. I was searching the forums for clans and ran across this "Brand New tournament" C1 hasn't even started yet. I signed up, Played camps 1-8, joined the US army and played camp 9 from Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av_L1jhxkio

Flash from the post...please watch...C1 Delta Force (Spec. ops) Which I served 3 camps under and lead it for camps.

Yes I know i'm gold...and for those of you who remember me...I passed my Civil service test and am now a Police oFficer.

Cossack
March 16th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Well.....I was an Avid Vanilla BF2 fan when it first came out when I was wee lil one. I was searching the forums for clans and ran across this "Brand New tournament" C1 hasn't even started yet. I signed up, Played camps 1-8, joined the US army and played camp 9 from Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av_L1jhxkio

Flash from the post...please watch...C1 Delta Force (Spec. ops) Which I served 3 camps under and lead it for camps.

Yes I know i'm gold...and for those of you who remember me...I passed my Civil service test and am now a Police oFficer.

Holy shit, Almost, is that you? WHERE THE FUCK YOU BEEN?!!!

P.S. Nice to see you too :)

Alexswesnipr
March 16th, 2016, 04:33 PM
C1...Damn.

WAKE ME UP

Nate
March 16th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Tournament has come a long way it seems :) Hit the Signup-Button on top-

pqhPTgXshX8