PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself to the PRT

Curry
September 4th, 2014, 03:12 PM
This thread is for both the old and the new players of the PRT to introduce themselves to the PRT community. Let us know a little about yourself.

Curry.

Arnoldio
September 4th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Should I break the ice? :D

Most of you probably know or remember me, have been playing for years on and off, was in OD-S, was in CIA and PRTA. Got bored of the common pub players lately so this is a perfect chance to hopefully get back to the point of this game.

I'll be running for SL status most likely, since I now have a steady job so i know when I have time and when I don't.

wrecker
September 4th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Hey guys you may have seen me around PR... Or you may not have. Anyway I've been playing this glorious game for around 2-3 years, whenever right before .97 was. I'm struggling with some PC performance issues which may make it tough to play, but I can fight through it (or buy a new pc $$$)! I've never played in PRT before but I've been in some other tournaments and even attempted to make my own, the much-fabled Intra-PRTA skirmish tournament. It was an epic failure, but anyway I plan on bringing my Squadleading skills to the table for this tournament! See you out there

M.Salvatore
September 4th, 2014, 10:19 PM
'lo lads. i live in istanbul and 29 years old. been playing PR since 2008. member of UAA clan, joined prt 8.5 and 9, TART and some other events. i was 2nd nco of spezialkrafte in prt 9 and sl of recon team in tart. i mostly pick AR role and medic if we don't have one.

man, i got old waiting this day :)

Baltimore
September 4th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Hello my people the king is speaking!

I'm also a mid-veteran in PR like wrecker, been part of the HPRC clan (maybe you saw them years before) anyhow I joined them on their downfall.Remained without clan (was lazy joining a new one) played on pub servers, as Arnoldio said until the 1.0
Than I took a long brake and now I'm here smiling and tipping with sleepy fingers.
My biggest problem will be (what I am afraid of) is the time.
My weak day evenings/nights are just too full, most possible I can only train/play on Friday/Saturday nights. So if you are in a squad with me, count on me and don't blame too much. :)
OK
See you out there :P ...and I will be a medic possibly.Or a sniper killing the medics but that doesn't count .

@Salvatore, I'm an Istanbul fan. :)

Antol
September 4th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Hey guys!

23 years old. Studying civil engineering. Playing PR from v0.91. Was a co-funder of [NPK] clan (there is/was finnish clan with same tag, sometimes we had fun, mistakes because of this). I was playing then in almost every role, mostly SL, Heli pilot, medic. In 2011 was playing non-official Tournament in "Team Poland", played some nice rounds against european clans. Never had much time for PRT, but i always wanted to play it.
Now i'm non-clan member, more weekend-player. I think im only good in being medic:P (very critical about my self). Not playing SL (except leading poles, because i dont have problem with fully communicate).
Working on Polish Community Faction mostly.

Maybe i could recall some memories playing good teamowork right here, in PRT? Who knows.

Curry
September 5th, 2014, 12:53 AM
Well, Im Curry, 23 years young, student, born and raised in the origin of the famous Mercedes-Benz and Porsche - the one and only Stuttgart, in the south-west of germany.
I play PR since 2009, with breaks for COD (ESL amateur series) and for good old vanilla. In 2010 PR finally got me completely and since then I never really managed to get away from it, also because few months later me and two friends founded 3dAC. Since that point Im always looking for some high quality, organized and competitive games in PR. Sadly I missed my chance to participate in the PRT, but did played in TART S1 (as SL) and in F|H C2 (as SCO) tho. Apart from that I played in many clan battles and scrims. Even tho I never had the chance to participate in the PRT personally the experiences made by clan members in the PRT had and still have a huge effect on my gameplay style and how I believe this game should be played.
IRL I enjoy skiing (Backcountry) and pretty much waste all my money on that which leads to hardware budget cuts (potato computer). I own a little company together with one of the founders of 3dAC, we develop marketing strategies and websites together.

Im really looking forward to see some great team propaganda, read some AARs and see two teams fighting hard and fair for the control of the C10 campaign board!

Curry.

Peeta
September 5th, 2014, 01:00 AM
The old hands probably remember me as the little annoying ass kid. That's not too far off the truth either.

Anyway, I'm Peeta and I started in PR back in .756 (when I was like 12). I've gone through a few different names in my time but I settled on Peeta.

I got in the PRT shortly after. I played the first part of C8 with NATO and was a tourny admin for the second half. After that, I was an NCO in CATA for C9.

I'm 18 now and in college. I'm a Business student looking to also minor in Political Science. I am definitely going to make time for the PRT. Most of my best memories come from here and I'm very excited that it's coming back.

Napoleon_TR
September 5th, 2014, 03:10 AM
Greetings, I am been playing PR since 0.75. (hey old farts) Participated 2 tournament.(mini and TART if I am not mistaken) I am member of UAA clan (you might heard us as aka bunch of angry Turks). have experience SLing but since I feel kind a rusty, ı am considering to be regular foot on this tournament. But who knows maybe ı will apply for NCO. Also I am huge fan of realistic combat games such as ArmA series. (United operations mod still my best).

About real life, Im 23 years old. living in İstanbul. Its my final year at university (history major).

Regards.

M.Salvatore
September 5th, 2014, 06:29 AM
@Salvatore, I'm an Istanbul fan. :)

She has her own magic :) I have a hate&love relationship with her :D

OReely
September 5th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Hello there,

Some of you will know me but for others,

Im Oreely from Ankara, Turkey. 26 years old. I have been playing pr around 5 years. Was an nco in PRT C8, SL in C9 (Spezialkrafte 1 nato alpha), TART I, II and that mini campaign.

I am also one of the founders of the UAA clan.

I am leading squads in this game. This is basically what i do since I started.

IRL I work in a defense industry company and also coordinate a private military contractor company.

I made a lot of true friends here in PRT. So i advise new guys to stay together all the time (even when losing) and dont leave the PRT, as you will never find this sort of friendship in pub games.

Cheers

PS: i am not an angry guy. Ask curry.

Another PS: dont believe that napoleon guy saying he leads squads and stuff. He cant even help his granny cross the street.

Rezza
September 5th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Hey I am Rezza.

I think a part of the PR community has already gotten to know me. Started to play PR in 2006 (0.6 launch) and got hooked to it since then. Prolly played more than 3500 hours at least. Always been a huge pubber and managed several communities. Overall more than 200 people got PR because of my recruiting campaigns all around the internet. Not only did people just get in to PR but I also sat down and trained them with the core philosophy of the mod. Which is teamplay and fun through communication and tactics.

In 2006 I got to meet the guys from the 10th Mountains and became great friends with them. Which ended up in me joining them. They were an incredible nice group of people and had a very populated server back in the day. In 2007 talks began about creating a Turkish Community which we then successfully created and got up to a member count of more than 70 people. It was called Project Reality Turkey with the tag [PRTR]. We used to do major raids on servers with groups as big as 24 people. This was the time when Reality Teamwork and PRmumble had become very prominent.

After that period I had a little gap in my PR career but later joined the PR 8.5 Mini Tournament which was a great experience. Was proud to be a CATA soldier during that! 8.5 was my first tournament experience and my enjoyment of it was sky high. There is one thing I am sure about though PR is and will always remain the best public teamplay game where you can just jump in and have people with mics and teamplaying without even signing up for a tournament. After the tournament real life distracted me and several other games took me away more from PR. Which ended up in Project Reality Turkey splitting in to 3 different groups.

In 2011 I founded the Men Of War Clan [MOW] that I am running with my closest PR friends which I know since forever. We are still occasionally playing PR every month. On the other side I also had participation in other things such as beta testing, server administration and translation for Project Reality. The PR community is one of the communities I feel at home. Like a second family you always have. So it's an honour to be here and it's with utmost pleasure to be a part of this tournament and to battle with you guys.

As a person. I am half German and half Turkish citizen. Lived in Turkey for a lot of years in my life. But also lived in Germany for a period. Currently I am studying German translation and Interpretation and doing my internship in Hamburg.

See you on the battlefield and in the briefing room soldiers!

Finrar
September 5th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Oh well, i might post up here aswell

Im 19 year old guy from finland, and i have been playing pr from around 0.75(2008?) and since then pr has been prety much only game i play actively. Im part of OD-S and been playing many clan matches with them as grunt or sl. I didint play in previous prt campaigns, but i played in TART as grunt and in Fh pr tournament nco/sl.

As contractor in prt im mainly helping with getting intell to wiki from ingame. F.ex testing how many lats from each faction you need to kill different tank from behind/front/tower/whatever might be bit booring, but atleast ingame knowledge rises up quite much

I like to ski and do orienteering as my main hobbys. Im leaving to army in january to do my conscription in recon comppany, so after that i wont be much around here for a while :D. Even thought im leaving to larp in woods, im most likely going to sign in as Sl/grunt.

Dasthan
September 5th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Hey there,

Well I've been around PR for something like 2 years now, I used to play alone. People never understood why I loved a game (and mod) with such graphics until I've asked them to buy BF2 to play PR. Only one of them was disappointed because he had some mic issue (my brother).

Well I'll talk about myself, I am 24 years old, I currently study Game Developpement. I used to study System Administration (network engineering?) before that, but I quit because of the incompentence of some teachers. I have youtube channel, I even released a lot of PR videos and there will be more.

I can speak many languages, it was always easy to learn for me. I am currently Learning Russian by myself. I play the guitar, the bass, I like to draw, program, retexture, create digital paintings, I also do snowboard.. Many more stuff.

I live in Belgium, my parents are 100% Lebanese. I am clan leader in other games and I brought some people over here but I don't think I would recreate or join a clan. Only if I find people as active as I am and having the same perspectives in general. (Like ambushing people as insurgent :D).

For the PRT I hope to meet more people and to have a great time with everyone. First PRT for me, and I am looking forward for it.

Napoleon_TR
September 5th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Another PS: dont believe that napoleon guy saying he leads squads and stuff. He cant even help his granny cross the street.

What a jelly ps isnt it? Okay guys give him a break, he got upset because he find out that I wont be on same team with him. :(

Strela2M
September 5th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Hi. I'm Strela2M, an handheld anti-air weapon for those who doesn't know. I'm sky guardian since 0.917, when i also joined CATA (btw CATA FTW), but server in Mortar SQ (Jackals). I'm 23 years old from Croatia and i drive my tractor like a boss. I'm looking to join army because I'm sick of civil life.

PS: OReally is such a nice boy but sometimes he is pain in the ass :)

Dv83r
September 5th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Hey guys. Dv83r here. I'm twenty years old and I'm starting my junior year as a Mechanical Engineering student here in the United States. I've been playing since 2007 with version 0.6. I've only played in one PRT campaign and that was Campaign 9 back in 2011. I played for NATO Charlie, 9 Army Air Corps, NCO for the most part. I ended up as the SL at the end by circumstance and I hope that's where I'll get to pick back up. I still can't believe that it has been essentially three years since the last tournament. I hope Campaign 10 will bring back most of my previous friends that I made then.

=CAJ=
September 6th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Hai. CAJ here and I'm a bit rusty lately. I'm from Serbia, city of Novi Sad, well known by the name Serbian Athens, or by splendid EXIT festival.

Have been active member and SCO in sEX_YU clan, serving as CAS/support/AA mainly. Some of you remember me from C8.5 and C9 where I served as support/mortar/defensive infantry. Proud owner of golden mortar award from C9. I'm 33 ( almost 34 ) and am currently having a hard time with my job, and free time, so if I signup I will note that. Might be ok with reserves, cause I'm on duty and can be called any time, so plans dont work for me well.

Also I'm quite known as a drama queen and e-terrorist fanboi ( thanks GAZ (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/avatars/avatar1491_19.gif) <3 )so dont startle me. ;-)

Stopped playing at 0.983 if I remember well, but then I called a retreat. This might be a great chance to polish my old AK, and cleanup my mortar so I hope I see you all on the battlefield.

cetniksoldier
September 7th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Hey!

Ive been playing PR since .5 ! Have not played in PRT but am ready to. Im from LA and about to jump on some servers so going to keep it short! Cant wait to hear more about C10.

MasterX
September 7th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Hi there,

MasterX from Dutch Faction team. Playing PR since 2008 with a long break till 2012. Looking for new friends and ways to contribute to PR :D

See you on Battlefield.

-MasterX

Curry
September 7th, 2014, 11:22 PM
[...] ways to contribute to PR :D

FDF? :D

Curry.

MasterX
September 7th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Do you mean Finish Defence Forces? If that's the case, they haven't asked for my help yet :)!

P*Funk
September 7th, 2014, 11:59 PM
I'm having deja vu.

GrayeKnight
September 8th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Nice to see you around P*Funk!

OReely
September 8th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Always good to see you Funk!

Mouthpiece
September 8th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Hello!

Name's Mouthpiece, PR is the game. I'm 27 years old, living in Riga, Latvia, and I'm a musician, freelance translator and sometimes an analytical writer.
I've been playing actively from 0.91 to 1.0, after 1.0 only periodically. I started SL'ing in PUBs early on as I found that there was always a lack of people who understood the raw basics of teamplay, organizing people and basic attack/defense tactics, not even talking about the strategy of rounds and working with other squads for a common goal. I was an SL in TART, in an INF sq, but our team had a confusing and not-so-effective platoon system that made SL role somewhat obsolete (also people weren't as dedicated to train, so the role lost its seriousness).

I will probably join an INF or Armour squad as a grunt as I don't wan't others to be dependent on my chaotic real life time graphic (if I'd SL). I really hope that experienced and dedicated SLs will signup for tournament. Many thanks to organizers and MODs for this lovely opportunity, really hope this will turn out as planned.

So see yah on the training grounds and battlefields!

Murkey
September 8th, 2014, 04:26 PM
"Hello everyone, my name is Murkey and I'm a PR-aholic"

"HI MURKEY"

So I've been playing PR since about 0.6 or 0.7. Over the years I've been involved to some degree in lots of the big events. I was in the PRT for C7, 8, 8.5 and 9 from grunt to GSO (Check my youtube playlist (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYdU7t2TetYnthbTw_KhetyafZIKt-lln) for some of the old videos). I was around for some of the TART, World Cup, scenario nights and events. Besides all that I'm a member of 3dAC, where the structure, discipline and drive to improve our skills and the community have kept me interested in the game, without a single lapse for all these years.

Looking forward to meeting new and old friends. Learning new skills and passing on some of the old PRT mentality. I will be looking to do some recon stuff like in the old Cougar days, whatever it takes to get the job done :D

For those who don't know me, IRL I'm an ecologist that spends what little spare time there is between science and PR, listening to punk music and making dick jokes.

GL;HF to everyone. <3 to the organisers for reviving the tourney. I have a small idea of how much effort you guys are putting in.

Cheers, Murkey.

OFFMason
September 8th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Greetings, reporting for duty. I've probably played with a few of you.

bagfragr
September 8th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Hello!

New to tournaments or any similar online gaming events (except LAN's), so bare with me here. But that aside, I've been playing PR for maybe 4-ish years now, and I now see that I've got enough experience to join this event (on grunt level of course, responsibility is scary).
No but seriously though, I'm a good little "lawndrill" in a squad (jack of all trades?), and effective up to 800m. So capitalists beware!

Not a member of any clan or whatnot, I hold up my own pretty good. Like meeting new folks on PR, because unlike any other game, PR has TEAMWORK. (ArmA is very far from that)

IRL I'm 22, from Finland. Studying to become a commercial pilot in Norway atm. (No, I don't rush the CAS/JET squads) ...Had my military experience in the Finnish Border Guard recon unit, that was kinda hardcore. But as the yanks say: "Embrace the suck" ...We just had "sisu"...

Want that damn FDF to come along! Especially in PR2... Yes, I know it's easy to want everything, but I don't have skills or time to pitch in myself. (Studying and flying also at weekends, yay!)

Over and out
//bags

Mitchverr
September 9th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Hello.

Well, wut to write, im 24, English, Yorkshire specifically, i can sometimes forget to change accent to something you understand so i am sorry if i do. I am manic. I have played PR since 07 and since C5 campaign, played in multiple groups but DM is my true home and we ofcourse, are still attempting to take over PR.

So yeah, hi.

|1st.Gunnery|
September 10th, 2014, 02:01 AM
Hi all,

i've played saveral PRT's in the past and hoping to hop back again into old action :p

gunny out

Onil
September 10th, 2014, 02:07 AM
Welcome back Gunny :D

Soban is also around... it would be nice seeing the band back together ;)

Lost_Tactics
September 10th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Lost here! Not entirely sure where I am or what I'm doing, but I'll just roll with it!

archerchef
September 10th, 2014, 09:38 AM
I like to fly. In real life and in PR. Prefer fast moving fixed wings with weapons but I would settle for a light attack helicopter. Also I operate (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f75-pr-bf2-clans/123495-operator-best-clan-2013-a.html) pretty hard... Currently an university student, aircraft electrician for the US Army Guard, and a cadet in US Air Force ROTC competing for a pilot slot. Will be a fresh butter bar (2nd LT) in 3 years.

P*Funk
September 10th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Hello.

Pillock.

Mitchverr
September 10th, 2014, 11:38 PM
Pillock.

*evil eyes*

sproge
September 11th, 2014, 01:19 AM
The Swedish mortar man is back. Its good to be home.
Sproge

Nate
September 11th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Lost here! Not entirely sure where I am or what I'm doing, but I'll just roll with it!

Any questions, join us on IRC, post a support ticket or ask the other guys around for help :)

Xenon_
September 11th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Hey!

I'm Xenon from Ankara, Turkey. A member of UAA clan. I've been playing PR since 2009 and participated in C8 and C9. It's so many times since i played PR and i can't wait for this tournament.

I'm 26 years old and studying aerospace engineering. Been in the Air Force before.

See you!

MooseBoys
September 15th, 2014, 01:38 AM
I've been playing PR since around 2006 but this will be my first tournament.

Wo0Do0
September 15th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Hey guys my name is Wo0Do0,

I'm a part-time software developer and a part-time student. I started PR back in .86. I have been in GCA, TF-R, and 3dAC(for a short time)and played in clan wars, so I know how different structured team play is from pub games. This tournament I want to be committed and active for my team, and get to know everyone :)

Impact
September 15th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Hi,

I'm playing since ~PR0.7 and after some breaks I'm alway coming back to PR because I have not yet found a game with better teamwork or communication.
I've never been in any clan so I'm looking forward to the tournament :D

-Impact

Spook
September 15th, 2014, 10:14 PM
I have been in some smaller units for some time until I joined QRF 4 years ago. I have been second in command there for a long time and commanded our team which consisted of only QRF against a mixed team of different clans on the weekly gaming days for 2 years. Everyone had a fixed role and an assigned squad which he played in on the gamingdays and I was responsible helping to manage these.

After QRF disbanded around 6 months ago, I joined 3dAC, which is my new home now.

Before doing CO in QRF, I was in charge for the Recon Unit and kept on doing this kind of stuff in my further PR career. E.g. with Onil's Sneaky Snakes Group where I learned even more, which I never thought would be possible when I first joined. A couple of months ago I found my new love to flying and became a full-time CAS whore :p ...I never really was into flying in all those years and thought: I have to get pro in this too, to be able to say I played PR in every possible way. Now I am a l33t CAS pilot who can 360 nolock sidewinder everyone out of the sky!

Off PR I am an electrical engineering student in my second year. I live in Germany, have russian roots and spent most of my time studying, working and looking forward to get this done soon to return back to normal life ...

#justEngineeringStudentThings

Basically I am a circuit wielding, Bratwurst eating, Vodka drinker who likes to rush people around :D

Kasparas
September 15th, 2014, 11:19 PM
<bla bla bla, unimportant stuff>
Off PR I am an electrical engineering student in my second year. I live in Germany, have russian roots and spent most of my time studying, working and looking forward to get this done soon to return back to normal life ...

#justEngineeringStudentThings

Basically I am a circuit wielding, Bratwurst eating, Vodka drinker who likes to rush people around :D

Couldn't resist:
rp8hvyjZWHs
(if does not work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp8hvyjZWHs )

/Edit: Kasparas, do it like that: [youtube ]video id[ /youtube], no [url ] tags needed! - Nate

Pronck
September 16th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Hello my name is Pronk, also known as Pronck or B.Pronk. Played my first year under the name of Ghost-Recon.

I am playing Project Reality since .85 (Karbala release) with only one small break. Since the beginning I was very interested into the insurgency game mode and I enjoy insurgency the most, especially as insurgents. Nothing was more enjoyable than throwing a molotov cocktail on top of a green Stryker in the city of Karbala while getting strafed by a CAS Littlebird.

I knew there were tourneys, but I never felt the need to join. I was enjoying public matches and I was playing many other games at the time. Now I feel the need to join the tourney since I play barely any other game.

I have been in multiple clans, Red Company (R-Coy), =WST=, *NwA* and more recent the *L.A.AF* which went undercover a few weeks ago.

What I enjoy the most in Project Reality is ambushing, no matter if it is a vehicle or whether I am sitting in a vehicle. I like having a successful ambush. Besides that I am an all-round player which can do CAS, Armor, Infantry and logistic roles along with any other supportive role.

I hope that I like this tourney and that this tourney likes me.

AlphaZuluMIkeIndia
September 16th, 2014, 03:19 PM
THIS is the reason I still have BF2 installed on my computer. Project Reality is indeed something that brings new and fresh aspect to the game. I love tactical shooters (and shooters in general) and PRT is finally when I can play seriously with other like-minded players.

I have been installing PR on top of my BF2 copy for years, and I first heard about it when it was 0.7. I decided to give it a go, but due to time commitments and the fact that my PC at that time could not run the game that well (yeah, so sad!), it wasn't until a couple of years ago that I finally have a computer that can run this thing at max graphics (well, at certain compromises, of course, due to optimization problems of pushing the BF2 engine).

Despite that, I still don't have a real chance of playing PR as it is meant to be. I have been in a few battles (as I may call them) and lots of coop matches, and every time I was on, it was fun. The gameplay is more organized and the players are much more mature, so none of the charlie foxtrots that you see in many other games. Firefights may happen only occasionally, but when they do, it is incredibly intense. That is what gives the thrills, though my marksmanship at close range is as good as a kindergartener who lost his glasses while trying to play catch.

Now that PRT is around the corner, I wish to put my skills into good use. I hope to be good with the rifle in my (in-game character's) hands and follow all others that been given to me by my squad leader. I will commit to teamwork and I wish to have a lot of fun with you guys.

AlphaZuluMikeIndia reporting for duty. See you all on the battlefield!

Temexter
September 17th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Hi there,

MasterX from Dutch Faction team. Playing PR since 2008 with a long break till 2012. Looking for new friends and ways to contribute to PR :D

See you on Battlefield.

-MasterX
Curry;321023']FDF? :D

Curry.

Hey MasterX, if you'd like to contribute (to FDF or any ComFaq), pls head to:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f567-finnish-defense-forces
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f66-pr-bf2-community-factions
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f605-community-tasks

And about myself: i'm old, slow and grumpy :mad:

Played PR since 0.86 or whateva. [MURO] "clan" pubbing, PRTA (Manager for couple of years) battles, PRWC Team Finland, F|H C2 (grunt in mortars) and C3 (platoon CO of mortars).

I hardly play, anything else than PR ;)

Been in IT business for a average age in this scene.

I love PR, books, movies, music (especially 60's and 70's (progressive and hard) rock), computers, gadgets, single malts and proper beer, slow cooking and fishing. One could say an aesthete :p

I'm also know for totally lacking sense of humor. Hence (sometimes) sarcastic.

Master_B
September 20th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Hi
My in game name is Master_B_Black and I am a member of [3dAC]. I started to play PR just before the PRT8. I have played mostly in campaigns and there have been a few, C8, C8.5, C9, NBG, TART, FH Tournament 2 and 3, PR World Cup and several events organised by [3dAC].

Otherwise I am a IT consultant and like to relax and play some PR.

ddthienvuong
December 2nd, 2014, 06:54 AM
Yo mates,
I'm a 17 y/o gamer, a military enthusiast and PR so far has been the only game to offer me the experience I've always wanted. However, playing this game feels weird without a community to use proper combat coordination, or simply providing a sense of camaraderie. Anyhow, I stumbled upon PR and this Tournament by chance, and I'm glad about it. See you again on the battlefield comrades, there's no better way of making friends than shooting each others in the face! :D

P/S: is it usual to introduce our real names here, or should I just stick to my alias?

P/S again: my Internet connection kinda sucks, and since 19:00 PRT - which is 12:00 in my zone isn't the most optimum time for gaming, I won't be an usual sight (if at all) in-game.

Cossack
December 2nd, 2014, 08:09 AM
P/S again: my Internet connection kinda sucks, and since 19:00 PRT - which is 12:00 in my zone isn't the most optimum time for gaming, I won't be an usual sight (if at all) in-game.

Well, if you want to sign up, battles take place around 1900PRT, so yeah... :(

Liam
December 2nd, 2014, 12:38 PM
P/S: is it usual to introduce our real names here, or should I just stick to my alias?
I wouldn't say it's normal to do so, but you wouldn't be the first person. My alias is my name because it's easier that way.

Sibren
December 2nd, 2014, 07:07 PM
Same here, don't have to add a number anymore as I needed with my old one, that is pretty neat aswell

Zeno
January 17th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Heisann hoppsann alla ihopa!

hey, my name i Zeno, regular PR player for many years, also busy with mapping when im not playing the game.

finaly decided to join PRT, and i really hope its as good as i think it is :D

Im from the West coast in Norway (yes, i live in a fjord)

Couple of minutes drive from my house:
http://reisetips.nettavisen.no/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Hardanger.jpg

and no. we dont have polarbears in the streets, but yes, we are filthy rich :p

looking forwards to playing with you guys and best of luck on the battlefield :cool:

Poulern
March 10th, 2015, 06:30 AM
Do you deal with the f-16s as well down there zeno? A guy i know from vre rdal has f-16 tourists flying overhead a lot.

M.Salvatore
March 10th, 2015, 04:37 PM
He resigned a month ago :/ But in the wrong thread. Any high command who sees this, you can remove him from the team.

Curry
September 21st, 2015, 09:46 PM
Bump!

Curry.

Clund
September 22nd, 2015, 02:09 AM
Well I am Clund,
I noticed PR when some youtuber uploaded the 1.0 trailer on his own channel (yes, I am a 1.0 newby). So I went:
- "project reality" in youtube search bar
- DRK (back when they were in PRTA)
- Manager and later Admin in PRTA
- and finally Spearhead

I am currently studying Physics (will start 3rd semester soon) and working part-time at Siemens as a Software developer. (Coding stuff for trains)
I am also writing openSource Software as an hobby.

Gotrol
September 23rd, 2015, 07:50 PM
Gotrol here,

Been around PR since 2008, joined PR forums in 2009, but never really got into the community scene that much.

Currently working full time in a software company (despite what my PR profile says, that was last updated some 3 or 4 years).

Simplejack
September 23rd, 2015, 08:01 PM
Hi Simplejack here, and I am too an alcoholic..

Been playing PR since 0.8something but not a lot (time :( )

most of my PR experience is during tournaments so hope this one will be as good as the others !

about myself; former mechanic in French Air Force and now working in an insurance company in Luxembourg

Jarhead
September 23rd, 2015, 08:10 PM
Jarhead - PRT veteran since version 0.5 or so :D
tried an early version of the mod and fell in love <3
I have never been really active in the PR community, espacially the forums eighter. A few months ago, i created a new german Clan/Squad with some friends, 80% of us (like me) real soldiers (officer cadets), so we try to play as realistic as possible, using real life tactics, communications and stuff :D

I took part as active member from C8 up to now (currently reserves). 2 times in MechInf Squads, once in Armor (and a little bit of CAS support). I am a very experienced gunner in any kind of ground-/air-vehicle.

Well, any questions?
Horrido, Jarhead

dorn
September 23rd, 2015, 09:06 PM
PR, where nerdy civil servants own real-life soldiers since 2005 ;)

Jarhead
September 23rd, 2015, 10:31 PM
PR, where nerdy civil servants own real-life soldiers since 2005 ;)

haha :D well... maybe... let the battles and stats decide that :P but nice quote xD I need that for the sig ;)

cheekibreeki
September 24th, 2015, 01:22 AM
a nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... you know the rest

happy_google
September 24th, 2015, 02:04 AM
happy_googleboy, name dates back to 2005 when I was forced to pick something to make a BF2 account. Been playing since 0.7 something, still can't fly anything. I love using tanks and placing mines. I look forward to being atgm'd from beyond view distance by you crazy germans.

kiscgray
September 24th, 2015, 04:24 AM
Croaker here, in most other games I'm kiscgray but nobody can pronounce it without quite a bit of difficulty, so I picked up Croaker as my PR alias. I've only played PR for about 3 years off and on, so I'm pretty new compared to the rest of you guys, but I find this game unique in the way it encourages team and squad play like no other. Haven't participated in a tournament yet, but I'm eager to start this thing :)

See ya around!

Matt.E
September 24th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Hey guys, I'm Matt. I played PR almost a decade ago when I was in middle school, but have recently come back. I look forward to playing in an organized environment that many modern games fail to cultivate.

IRL I'm an unemployed (recently graduated) media production professional.

See you on the battlefield!

Dr_Evil
September 24th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Hey. I'm Dr_Evil. Have been playing PR for over 7 years. Previously known as Grasshopper_UK.

Experienced as an infantry team player and squad leader. Favourite map is Fools road / Al Basrah (any map playing as Brit really).

I don't really play any other game besides PR..

UTurista
September 24th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Hey everyone, I've noticed I haven't presented myself, I'm UTurista a 23y software engineer student.

I have been playing PR since ~2010 (edit: Obviously 2001 is not 2011) with C10 being my first campaign and now, in C11, I got promoted to Administrator.
Along with [PR]MRF|Aleon I made the map board (http://tournament.realitymod.com/index.php?page=status) and I'm also working with [T-CON]Senshi to create a nice PR Map Viewer, something that, hopefully, will facilitate battle-planning.

Here's a sneak peak:

http://i.imgur.com/1N9cMHL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9VD2DdT.png

Nate
September 24th, 2015, 01:19 PM
UTurista;344073']
I have been playing PR since ~2001

Battlefield 2 Release Date: 24 June 2005

UTurista, playing PR since before it was cool.

dorn
September 24th, 2015, 01:39 PM
early access alpha for only 300$

UTurista
September 24th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Nate;344075']Battlefield 2 Release Date: 24 June 2005

UTurista, playing PR since before it was cool.

I meant 2011 :(

Whitedancer
September 24th, 2015, 02:34 PM
hi guys! :D

TalSh
September 24th, 2015, 04:18 PM
TalSh here and in game. Played BF2 on release with Tactical Gamer. Moved on to TG's Tactical Mod, then an early version of Project Reality, followed by Armed Assault. Picked up PR 1.31 about a month ago and have been playing and relearning the mechanics.

I have fond memories of organized events like this, and am looking forward to playing with you all.

Poulern
September 24th, 2015, 06:04 PM
In protest of reusing PRT threads from last year, my signature is now my PAC one.

EDIT: :( .

Curry
September 24th, 2015, 06:28 PM
MRF|Poulern;344233']In protest of reusing PRT threads from last year, my signature is now my PAC one.

Go to you profile and remove it?

Curry.

Norby
September 24th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Curry;344248']Go to you profile and remove it?

Curry.

You didnt get it Curry. He wanted a new introduction thread for this campaign and set the sig as sign of protest.

Since I never posted here:
I am retired. Sadly only in the PRT. Looking forward to real life one.

Curry
September 24th, 2015, 08:18 PM
You didnt get it Curry. He wanted a new introduction thread for this campaign and set the sig as sign of protest.

Since I never posted here:
I am retired. Sadly only in the PRT. Looking forward to real life one.

Ah I see, but TBH everyone has to fill out so many "sign-ins" and "introduce yourself to the squad threads", so I think we can keep this one.
Also, come back Norby. I remember you wanted to join the admin team for C11, correct? :>

Curry.

Norby
September 24th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Curry;344341']Ah I see, but TBH everyone has to fill out so many "sign-ins" and "introduce yourself to the squad threads", so I think we can keep this one.
Also, come back Norby. I remember you wanted to join the admin team for C11, correct? :>

Curry.

Admin team? We have 2 great teams for this tournament and I have to choose one. The admin team somehow didnt make that list :P

Srsly I know Spook can handle this just fine.

Strela2M
November 15th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Joining as soon as i get PR :)
(where dafuq is my sig gone)

MoulinKiller
November 15th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Joining as soon as i get PR :)
(where dafuq is my sig gone)

wb strela :)

st0ne
November 18th, 2015, 04:09 AM
Hey guys!

I'm st0ne, a.k.a Mark. I'm 22, from Russia, go to college in the US. My good/old/shitty friends on here are Matt.E and Cpt.Rooster. They're both pretty much as bad as me as video games but we'll never admit it.

Been playing PR for a few months, Matt got me into it, and am a Squad backer and player so hopefully we can all play that once its out.

I've been playing EVE Online since 2003 and used to be an alliance leader there, and now im editor in chief at TheMittani.com if anyone here reads that by any chance.

o/

Thunderquack
February 15th, 2016, 01:18 PM
My name is Anders, 26, from Denmark.

I'm very new to PR, but was prompted to join the tournament by the people I played with on Friday. While I'm new to PR, I have played other realistic(ish) shooters like Insurgency and Red Orchestra 2. I have completed the basic military training that a portion of the Danish get drafted for, and I've been in the Danish national guard for about three years now.

I hope to eventually join a PR clan, but for now I'll be more that content if I can participate in the tournament.

Cheers!

Rotblut
December 18th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Bernhard aka Rotblut is my Playername of the last ten years in battlefield. My first contact to PR was about 6 years ago. I spawned in and got killed right away several times without understanding how and why. It was so annoying that I quit. The next years I play BF2 Mods such as AIX, BOMSF a.s.o.. In 2014 my ex CO told me to have a look at these guys playing a team based game called PR. There is a ex Marine who host a PR server he said, good people, many ex military, it is like in the barracks or in the field he said. But all as a game, here is a possible way to show people what we really do. Long story short, after all these years playing BF2 Mods, I finally found what I was also looking for, a little screw I use from time to time, to turn back the time, then I party like its (Chad) 1989 (sorry tafkap). I even found a little comradeship and to be honest, this is the thing I miss most as a 53 year old civilian now. But, there is Project Reality, it brings back a few things I have missed so much, right into my house. I will never be tiered to say.
Thank You Dear Developers, that you make all this possible! :SCO:Keep on rolling!:SCO:
Legio Patria Nostra.
Membre de Amicale des Anciens de la Legion Etrangere en Allemagne

Dr.Bobcat
January 25th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Hey,

I'm 24 from Portugal and I study information systems and computer engineering.

I started playing PR in 2015 and guess what? got addicted to it! :P I value the companionship/comradeship that is created in such short time with people from every corner of the world!

Murkey
January 25th, 2017, 03:43 PM
^ You again! Glad you made it to the forums and welcome to the PRT :D

Cheers, Murkey.

Sinek
January 26th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Hello!
I'm Sinek aka Sinan aka Half-German Half-Kebab,22 from Germany and Im studying Political Science in Frankfurt. :)

I started playing PR in 2015 when it becomes standalone because a friend of mine said its one of the best gaming experience he ever had, and what should I say...He was right! :)

I felt a bit like squidward in this Spongebob episode when he tries a krabby Patty for the first time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8IpleLaJg4

Why? I guess there where a lot of people before me, who explained that in all various ways why PR is so unique. Teamplay, Gameplay decisions made by the Devs, the amount of diffrent Factions, Maps and Vehicles etc. I just f*cking love all aspects of this Game :)

redback3
February 14th, 2017, 01:36 AM
Hi, I'm Alex and I'm a 23 year old Brit who only got into the game yesterday. I'm mostly into my turn based strategies, horror games as well as a few twitch FPS games (half-life, quake etc.)

What can I say? PR is fucking awesome and to have a community dedicated to it as well just makes it so much better! I look forward to playing with all of you.

Regards,

Onil
February 14th, 2017, 03:14 AM
Who recruited this dude?

Whoever it was, did a poor job at it as he did not specify a preferred team or who he played with before.

Teams are equal in numbers, so who wants him?

mectus11
February 14th, 2017, 03:52 AM
sure why not \_(ツ)_/

redback3
February 14th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Who recruited this dude?

Whoever it was, did a poor job at it as he did not specify a preferred team or who he played with before.

Teams are equal in numbers, so who wants him?

Apologies, I thought this was just brief introductions to the forum. I'm happy to go where ever has space, I have no preference for teams.

Onil
February 14th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Apologies, I thought this was just brief introductions to the forum. I'm happy to go where ever has space, I have no preference for teams.

This thread is indeed for brief introductions. But since you mentioned that you joined the PRT since you played with PRT members that told you about it, I was surprised to not get any team preference of mention of who told you about the PRT. Since PRT members tend to try and recruit for their teams.

Vista
February 14th, 2017, 04:03 PM
It's okay Onil, let the man be.

Murkey
February 14th, 2017, 05:12 PM
TBH, when I SL on the public servers and have a few decent players, I'll mention that they can get similar teamwork and fun by joining the PRT. I don't expect them to want to join APN or play in my squad, but if they think about it, check the forum and maybe sign up then it's all good stuff. Just spreadin' the good word.

Only if someone is stand-out excellent will I badger them fully to sign up to a certain team/preferred role etc.

Cheers, Murkey.

Filamu
February 14th, 2017, 05:25 PM
I do the same as well.

redback3
February 14th, 2017, 05:59 PM
TBH, when I SL on the public servers and have a few decent players, I'll mention that they can get similar teamwork and fun by joining the PRT. I don't expect them to want to join APN or play in my squad, but if they think about it, check the forum and maybe sign up then it's all good stuff. Just spreadin' the good word.

Only if someone is stand-out excellent will I badger them fully to sign up to a certain team/preferred role etc.

Cheers, Murkey.

I guess I need to get better at the game ;)

Senshi
February 14th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Nice underhand diss of a new player, Murkey. Real classy :o .

@redback3: Maybe you now realize you should've joined EMC, where we treat recruits with :XO: respect :XO: .

Raidonrai
February 14th, 2017, 07:10 PM
no we don't

M.Salvatore
February 14th, 2017, 11:10 PM
They are just a bunch of shovel slaves :D welcome aboard.

redback3
February 15th, 2017, 12:23 AM
They are just a bunch of shovel slaves :D welcome aboard.

Not unless you need a medic, i'll make sure to drive the epipen in your eye!

Also thanks! Great to be here :)

Senshi
February 15th, 2017, 08:57 AM
no we don't

I talked about recruits, not squadleaders. You are treated just the way you deserve.

Murkey
February 15th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Nice underhand diss of a new player, Murkey. Real classy :o .

@redback3: Maybe you now realize you should've joined EMC, where we treat recruits with :XO: respect :XO: .

Lol, I wasn't involved in our good friend Redback3's recruitment. Here at APN we only give out Whiskey and entire plates of compliment sandwiches.

Welcome aboard the team, train well and have fun.

Cheers, Murkey.

aCerLuso
October 21st, 2017, 09:46 PM
Hello guys,
Just a quick introdution. I am 35 years old, i have been playing pr for about 3 years and now i decided to try the tournament. As most of you, i like to play to win while having fun!
Looking forward to see you in the battlefield!